Petition on Aggressive Panhandling
Last Updated on Friday, 07 October 2016 05:28
The signature collection period for the petition to create a Civility Zone (to help reduce the aggressive panhandling in our neighborhood) has started. Attached is a signature-ready version of the petition. Please be sure to collect original signatures and return them to:
Willow Meadows Civic Club
P.O. Box 35551
Houston, Texas 77235
Willow Meadows is committed to receiving at least 100 signatures for our neighborhood (each neighborhood in the proposed Civility Zone committed to that amount). The deadline for turning in signatures is Friday, December 2. Do it now, before you forget!
October 2016 Board Meeting Announcement
Last Updated on Saturday, 01 October 2016 12:43
There will be a meeting of the Willow Meadows Civic Club Board of Directors on Monday, October 10th, 2016 at 7:00pm at Willow Meadows Baptist Church, 4300 West Bellfort Blvd, in Conference Room 209. Topics may include general association business, including unfinished business and new business, a vote on the 2017 budget and a vote to proceed with the enforcement of a deed restriction violation on a home located on the 9900 Block of Cliffwood.
What You Can Do to Help Combat Aggressive Panhandling
(from the Greater Post Oak/West Bellfort Neighborhood Coalition)
- Do not give money directly to those panhandling on the street.
- Give to organizations like SEARCH (http://www.searchhomeless.org/) or the Coalition for the Homeless (http://www.homelesshouston.org/), to ensure your money goes to those that need help and not to professional panhandlers.
- Report aggressive behavior and drug use to the Houston Police Department non-emergency line at 713-884-3131
- Report loitering, littering, drug use and aggressive behavior at Metro stops to the Metro Police line at 713-224-2677
- Contact 311 to report littering and damage to city property
- Sign the petition to create a zone that would prohibit sleeping on the street during daytime hours. We will begin to collect signatures for this petition in September of 2016
- Attend public session at City Hall to raise awareness among our elected officials of the issue of aggressive panhandling (Date TBD)
- Join your local civic association to help in their efforts to beautify the esplanades and make them locations that are not conducive to aggressive panhandling.
Thank you for helping the community combat aggressive panhandlers that destroy our neighborhoods and for helping to assist those that are truly in need of food, shelter, healthcare and other basic needs.
Recycling to Continue but Glass no Longer Accepted
The City of Houston and Waste Management have reached tentative agreement on a new 2-year contract that will allow the city to continue offering recycling services without any disruption. The only change in service that Houstonians will notice is the elimination of glass from the list of items that are acceptable for placement in the green curbside single-stream recycling bins. Glass, currently has no value on the commodities market, breaks down during collection and transportation and is unduly destructive to the processing equipment.
Residents will still have the option of dropping off glass for recycling at the City's neighborhood depositories.
Records Production Policy
Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 January 2016 22:17
Chapter 202 of the Texas Property Code was amended effective January 1, 2012, to add Section 202.006 regarding Public Records. The WMCC Records Production Policy can be viewed at Recorded Records Production and Copying Policy.
Payment Plan Policy
Chapter 209 of the Texas Property Code was amended effective January 1, 2012, to add Section 209.0062 regarding Payment Plans. The WMCC Payment Plan Policy can be viewed here.
Yard of the Month
Last Updated on Sunday, 09 March 2014 21:23
The Maintenance and Beautification Committee maintains the "Yard of the Month" program. To nominate a yard for Yard of the Month you may either download/print/mail this hardcopy form, or submit this electronic form.
The Willow Meadows Civic Club board would like to remind residents that renting out your home for less than 30 days is a violation of our deed restrictions. Please be aware of this when renting out your home.
Document Retention Policy
Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 January 2016 21:41
Chapter 209 of the Texas Property Code was amended effective January 1, 2012, to add Section 209.005 regarding Document Retention. The WMCC Document Retention Policy can be viewed at Recorded Document Retention Policy.
Senior Citizen Rate Freeze Form
Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 January 2016 08:55
A senior citizen who meets the criteria specified in the WMCC Bylaws (namely, owns a lot located in Willow Meadows and resides in the home situated on that lot, and is eligible for an Age 65 or Older Residence Homestead Exemption with the Harris County Appraisal District) may elect to freeze his or her dues at a reduced rate. To apply for a rate freeze, download/print/mail this hardcopy form.
Vacation House Watch
When you plan to be out of town, even if only for a short period of time, request a Vacation House Watch by calling 713-447-0200 or filling out this form.
Page 1 of 2